The call for papers has now closed, our preliminary programme will be published shortly.
Information as a (Public) Service
The Traffic & Transport Forum 2017 will focus on the role of information design in the public domain between standards and identity, data and architecture, communities and transport services.
What are our topics?
Ever more public and private players are involved in providing mobility services and information. The design of manageable and understandable information environments is a major challenge – for providers as well as users. And it raises a number of questions:
- Who owns information (design) for mobility: designers, communities, transport providers, data sources?
- Does standardisation also mean loss of community identity?
- Who moderates/advocates design qualities in the public interest?
- What are future information needs and technologies for mobility?
Who should participate?
Professionals who can contribute to a lively debate, for instance in the fields of
- wayfinding, communication, visualisation,
- data management,
- transport planning and architecture,
- transport service design,
- or in the public sector from transport authorities and communities.
Talk about your projects, research, developments and challenges, and submit a proposal as a speaker.
Or simply participate in the discussion, exchange views with colleagues from around the world and be inspired by new ideas and solutions.
Submission deadline: 19 April 2017
Announcement of acceptance: 28 April 2017
Speaker registration deadline: 30 June 2017