Information as a (Public) Service
IIID Traffic & Transport Forum 2017
23-24 November 2017, Linz, Austria
The IIID Traffic & Transport Forum 2017 will focus on the role of information design in the public domain between standards and identity, data and architecture, communities and transport services.
The questions we will ask
Ever more public and private players are involved in providing mobility services and information. The design of manageable and understandable information environments is a major challenge – for providers as well as users. And it raises a number of questions:
- Who owns information (design) for mobility: designers, communities, transport providers, data sources?
- Does standardisation also mean loss of community identity?
- Who moderates/advocates design qualities in the public interest?
- What are future information needs and technologies for mobility?
Who will participate?
Anyone who can contribute to a lively debate, for instance in the fields of
- wayfinding, communication, visualisation,
- data management,
- transport planning and architecture,
- transport service design,
- or in the public sector from transport authorities and communities.
The IIID Traffic and Transport Forum serves the shared interests of planners, designers, researchers, suppliers, users, transport authorities, educators and others in the field.
The Traffic & Transport Forum 2017 is the 8th in a series of events since 2006 providing opportunities for face-to-face discussions on the latest developments and trends and their expected impact.
In 2017 our content partner for the Forum is UITP (Union Internationale des Transports Publics), the International Association of Public Transport. As a passionate champion of sustainable urban mobility, UITP is internationally recognised for its work in advancing the development of this critical policy agenda. UITP has a long history to its name, and is the only worldwide network to bring together all public transport stakeholders and all sustainable transport modes.
Register for the conference and join in the discussion with experts from around the world!